Monday, April 13, 2009

hillary challenge and injuries

A few weird things happened today.
First, there was no hair/tie check in the morning. I escaped with my hoodie hiding my tie-less neck. :)
Then, during Maths, Mr Cheng left the class to get some notes. Some people started throwing a tennis ball around and Mirza, a softballer, managed to hit Joel in the eye. He couldn't open his eyes for a while after that and got sent to the sick bay. I feel sorry for him, he's still on crutches and limited in movement and then he gets headshotted by a tennis ball. Ouch.
Walter, ZhangHe and June Hong were apparently trying to learn hand-to-hand combat. Funny.
The CLE topic was on BGR (read, sex ed). Our teacher asked us to discuss. Cue dirty comments from half the class, as well as the amazing quote that follows below.
We heard about the Hillary Challenge as well. The last people to take it from 02 were Gabriel(my former APL) and Koon. All the sec 3s with NAPFA gold were signed up for trials. Trials begin on Wednesday-5km run, followed by unspecified activities. (20k?) 
On the same note, I probably need to begin training. I can run pretty fast, but my upper body strengt fails-can't do more than 1 pull-up. tbh, I was gonna heckcare napfa until I heard about Hillary Challenge. Now I'm going to try and chiong until I can sourgrape without using my legs.
Perspective, huh? Sam Swee suggested dieting and gyming in the morning. Problem being:
1. I LIKE FOOD.
2. The gym is closed in the mornings.
3. Even if it wasn't closed, I need my sleep.
I think "sourgrape without using legs", a la Boon Kiat, is a pretty farfetched objective for NAPFA (next week).
Quote of the Day: Dylan: Zhang He, based on your past experience, do you think it is possible to get addicted to sex? 
ZH: (only having heard last half of sentence) WHY NOT?

Josh: HEY GUYS! FALL IN IN A STRAIGHT LINE!
Me: ARE YOU GEOMETRICALLY CHALLENGED? WHICH PART OF *STRAIGHT LINE* DO YOU NOT UNDERSTAND?
(stare in amazement)

No comments:

Post a Comment