Tuesday, June 16, 2009

church camp, campfires and other stuff

Ah, so last friday to sunday was church camp :D
This was actually my first time going for camp, so I didn't really know what to expect.
The camp was held in Malacca, so it was pretty comfortable. The food was really nice, especially the chendol, and I regularly overate (oops :p)
The guest speaker was Pastor Benny Ho. He spoke about faith (the topic of the camp ) really well, and on the last sermon he specially prayed for all of us youths. :D The worship wasn't really what I've been used to in YM, but it was really nice all the same. All the "old fogey's stuff" as one of my friends put it.
There was a "fun night" where all of us had to perform a bollywood item. The youths did a dance, with long preparation hours. Yiu Jin was insisting that a bindi was worn by both sexes.
anyway i CANNOT dance, so I was at the back, comfortably out of sight. but it was very fun anyway.

On Monday there was a campfire by St Nicholas guides.
We disliked it. Not enough games, too many songs. Oh well.
The fire died early as well, but that's just nit picking.,
Before it was CIP-street sales for Children's Cancer Foundation. Me and Eugene completely outsold everyone for the first half, then went to slack at the national museum.

Quote of the day: "I don't want to donate to a foundation that supports canceer!"

No comments:

Post a Comment